Monday, October 12, 2009

Eighteen weeks one day

I have been feeling little movements in my tummy over the past week or so. I only really notice them when I'm relaxed and not concentrating on anything. Once or twice they have been definite little kicks. Mostly they're little flutters.

I'm managing to do my full hours at work now, though I sleep a lot at night. Normally I'm in bed for about ten hours if I can, though I get up two or three times to pee. I do get quite tired, but not so much that I can't cope. I need all the hours I can get, really, to build up for my maternity leave. I'm thinking I will probably start it at the end of January. Maybe. It's not something I can gauge from this point.

Partner has been receiving things on freecycle for the upcoming baby: namely, a travel cot (he says it's more like a playpen; I haven't seen it set up), and a futon. Our spare bedroom has a double bed which he says he's giving away, and the futon can be set up as a sofa there unless we need it as a bed. This way the guest room can be a nursery. Apparently his parents are going to buy us a carseat. Partner wants to make a baby crib/cot but I'm not sure he has the time/materials. I would be fine with a second-hand one, so long as it's sturdy.

And I've begun my first knitted baby garment: a hooded cardigan. I'm thinking as I make it, it could be quite small. But then, I don't know how big newborn clothing actually is. I guess I'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment