Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Twenty weeks two days

At last the suspense is over: it's a boy! Seeing him on the ultrasound was so amazing. He was very active, kicking and even somersaulting; his legs are so long! I've been saying to myself today: I have a son. It's a great feeling.

Partner has said that I now look like I'm pregnant, and I definitely have a tummy now. Even through my chef jacket, I look pregnant though I'm still not huge. It's still hard to believe that it's actually me: that I'm actually having a baby. I'm going to be a mother. My son will be named Franklin Hill.

In Partner's family, children have two middle names. I want his middle name to be Richard, and Partner thinks we should have it be Rigel. So it could be Franklin Richard Rigel. But perhaps we will just stick with Franklin Richard. Franklin, by the way, is after Partner's father. It is important to both of us to have family names.

I'm tentatively going back on vegetables, though I still have a lot of aversions. My heartburn hasn't been too bad (probably because I've been avoiding trigger foods) and I feel really healthy. I've been walking the dog on my days off, and it does tire me out, but in a good way. I'm also still managing full days at work, so no problem there. I want to be in the best shape possible during and after my pregnancy.

I do get irritated pretty easily still; I've caught myself snapping at people at work. However, I have tried to warn them all that I have a short fuse, and it's caused by hormones. At least, I think it is. I don't think I'm normally this irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment