Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twenty-one weeks

This morning in bed I felt little kicking, and said to Partner, "Quick, put your hand here!" I don't think he was quite awake, but he felt the kicking too. It was really exciting for me, for sure. I mostly feel him moving softly every day now, but this is the first time Partner's felt him.

I'm at the halfway mark now. In some ways it feels like ages, but in others, it's really flown by. I can hardly believe it's November now, certainly. March still seems a long time away, but it's only four months now. Now my chef jackets are even getting a bit of strain; I don't think I'll be fitting into them for much longer. I guess it's time I discussed maternity leave with my boss. I'm thinking I'll work until the end of December. I have a feeling that since it'll be a lot quieter at work, there won't be so many hours available for me anyway.

My mother is making plans to come for several weeks after the birth; she's been asking me what I want. She says she'll get me a baby sling and has plenty of clothing. I think the only thing I want now is a bed of some sort and bedding, and a carseat. Well, I don't have many clothes either, or diapers/nappies. I'm making a woolly yellow and blue cardigan; it actually looks ok without too many obvious mistakes. I think after I finish this one I'll make another a few sizes bigger. This one ought to fit a newborn but I know they grow quickly.

Still feeling good, with heartburn as my only unpleasant symptom. I'm finding it difficult to bend over and also to lift big things like the laundry basket. It's not the weight that's the problem, but I can't balance it against my waist any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment