Monday, November 30, 2009

Twenty-five weeks one day

I saw the midwife again today and she says everything is normal and she found the heartbeat right away. She actually did a home visit--very convenient for me. Except I have to make sure the house is tidy before she arrives... Actually I have been maintaining tidyness for several weeks now and don't dread unexpected visitors at all. Not that I ever get any unexpected visitors.

Partner's parents came up for a four-day visit and brought us loads of baby things, including clothing, a changing mat, a carseat, and a bassinet/moses basket. The cover for the bassinet is bright pink, so I'm thinking I may make a new one. Or maybe not. He'll only be in it about six months. Partner's mother brought several little cardigans she had knitted, and I understand she's on a roll and plans on making more. I have knitted one little cardigan with only a few hardly-noticeable flaws. I am also nearly finished with a nice crocheted cotton blanket. I've worked on it less than a week and I may make another. I'm thinking I would like to make something for a good friend who is also pregnant with her first, and this blanket has gone so quickly and easily, it could be the very thing.

I woke up with a terrible cramp in my thigh yesterday morning. I've never had one before, and it was so painful I couldn't even concentrate enough to cry or do anything more than gasp. I felt like I would faint. Luckily Partner woke up immediately (probably from my flailing about) and pressed hard against the muscle and it eased up after about a minute. I was worried about Franklin, as the pain extended to my abdomen and back, but he gave a little reassuring wiggle after I'd calmed down.

From the way he wiggles now, I think he's going to be so much fun after he's born. My mother asked me if I thought he had ADD; I think he's just a little jumper. I can't wait to see his face for the first time, and see his eyes and hair and expressions. Will he look like me or will he look more like Partner? Will he be a little brown-eyed boy or a little blue-eyed boy?

No comments:

Post a Comment