Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twenty-three weeks four days

I got myself a fabulous coat from the charity shop which will fit me during pregnancy and I will still be able to wear afterwards as well. It's a lovely emerald green cashmere Givenchy coat: and it cost £20. During the same shopping trip, Partner also found a very smart tweed wool overcoat for the same amount. He loves it.

I've noticed that Franklin doesn't like me to use the hand dryer in the ladies' at work. He starts squirming when I put my hands under it. I understand, though; I don't like loud noises either. The other night Partner put some Bach harpsichord music on and Franklin got very active. I've been practicing my piano for him; he seems to respond.

People at work have been commenting on my growing bump. One said that it looks like I get bigger every time she sees me. I'm also starting to get wary about people coming too close to me if they're not paying attention. I feel like the baby is a lot more exposed and I don't want to get knocked into or knocked over. I have only two evening shifts left at work, then a week off (Thanksgiving week) and I go onto breakfast shifts full time. Then I won't have to worry about people running with knives and pans of boiling water (I've seen both).

I'm still keeping up my bi- or tri-weekly walks with the dog to keep a bit active. I keep up a good pace and try to push myself so I'm out of breath. I'm also doing some light gardening mostly every day, and of course I do a bit of light housework as well. And I have gone back to eating most foods, even runner beans, though I still can't manage fatty meats, including ground beef. I feel pretty healthy, and I feel like I'm doing the baby good. Which is the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment