Friday, January 22, 2010

Thirty-two weeks five days

The midwife thinks he's turned around now, so he's not breech any more; she wasn't entirely positive on that point, but she said she couldn't feel his head up under my ribs like last time. Of course, it's entirely possible that he'll want to turn back to breech--she said that even up to 36 weeks he'll still have enough space to turn around. But most likely he'll stay head down.

I've noticed that when I walk the dog in the mornings, I'm quite stiff in my pelvic joints for the rest of the day. I should probably mention that to my midwife, seeing as I want to keep getting my exercise. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. On a side note, I was really proud of myself and the dog yesterday: I taught her how to not pull on the leash and she picked it up within about five minutes. Even when we saw another doggy on its leash, and she started to pull towards it, I just reminded her (by abruptly changing directions) and even though she could still see it, she stopped pulling and walked beside me nicely.

It was Partner's birthday yesterday, but we also had our childbirth class: a tour of the labor and maternity wards at the hospital. They seem to have everything there that I might be interested in trying for giving birth. There is a birth pool, which I will definitely ask about once it's time. If it's free I will request it. If not, I will take advantage of a birth ball and/or a bath. We also heard a presentation from a breastfeeding support charity. Personally I have never even considered not breastfeeding. My mother breastfed, and it seems completely normal and natural to me.

I wrote down some of my birth plan, and Partner says he approves (he read it but he said he will give his ok no matter what). After our class (the midwife presenting it also went over some scary complications) we went up the hill to an Indian restaurant to eat out. We almost never eat out, and certainly haven't since I've been pregnant. But I was ok to eat a nice chicken korahi, sag aloo, and naan with some mango lassi to drink. After all, we didn't go out on my birthday (we also were at the hospital, but as a patient that time), so it was a birthday treat for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment