Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fifth week achieved

From the third week, I was definitely waking up at least twice at night to pee. I knew right away, from this and from the bloated feeling: I was pregnant. Pregnancy was confirmed in the fourth week.

From the fourth week I was beginning to feel a bit lightheaded, tired, and dizzy, especially after standing for an extended period, or in heat. So work started to be a bit bad. I was asking for sit-down breaks constantly, culminating in an early finish one night because of faintness. I have asked my boss to be switched out of the kitchen, at least until I feel a bit more stable.

From yesterday I have begun to have bouts of nausea, though no actual vomiting. The fatigue has increased, or maybe just amplified because of the queasiness.

I am in part thrilled to have symptoms, because they say that means everything is going right, but still a bit terrified that something will go wrong. Partner says this is irrational and I don't need to worry until something actually does go wrong. I will try. I've wanted this very badly, and only recently recovered from an ectopic pregnancy, so I think the conflicting emotions are likely to continue.

Fifth week has now been achieved and I am now in my sixth week.

No comments:

Post a Comment