Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twenty-eight weeks four days

This week the midwife measured me at one centimeter bigger than average. So she's quite happy with his size now. She thinks he may have been laying horizontally last time she measured.

I went to the hospital with a tiny amount of bleeding last week. There was no pain, and the blood was just in a few pinpricks, but I got really worked up about it. They hooked me up to a baby moniter thing for about an hour, and his heartbeat and movements were fine. They also examined me and think perhaps I have a slight infection, but I still haven't got the test results back yet. Even so, they gave me an injection of anti-D and sent me home after I'd been there about three hours. So I'm not so worried now.

For the past night or two he's been kicking hard enough to wake me up. It's starting to get a bit uncomfortable, but I still think it's great. When I lay down, he really likes to thump. Like he's trying to pummel his way out. I can imagine he'll only get more persistent as he gets stronger.

I'm still going on my walks with the dog in the morning, though there's been snow on the ground for the past week. I'm a bit scared of slipping on ice, but I got some wellington boots for my birthday and I'm a lot more confident with them on. However, it's hard to slog through the snow and I get tired a lot quicker. One more day till Christmas. It's our last Christmas as just the two of us. Next one Franklin will be nine months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment