Sunday, April 11, 2010

Four weeks five days

Franklin has decided he likes getting his bum changed. If he's dirty or wet and it's sleepy time, he makes a cute little grunt to let me know he's ready. If he's awake, sometimes he'll start to cry about it until I change him. However, I try to change him before or after (usually before) every feed, so he's clean regularly. Since we use cloth diapers/nappies, he feels the wet much more than if they were disposibles.

Speaking of cloth ones, I bought a new gadget for fastening them, called a Snappi. It's not a pin so there is no longer any danger of poking people or babies, and it goes on much more quickly and easily. Plus the diaper/nappy can be fastened very compact, meaning he doesn't have such a huge bubble butt like before. I love Snappies! It also means Partner can change the baby in the middle of the night. Usually he doesn't wake up fully, and I was concerned about him handling pins while still half-asleep: but not any more!

My mother was sad to leave us last week, and we (especially me) were sad to see her go. She had a very special way with Franklin and he loved going to her; even when he was fussy, he would happily shut up in her arms and go to sleep.

Now that she's gone, I've had a few days on my own with him while Partner's been at work. One day I took him and the dog out with the new stroller. He fell straight to sleep for the whole walk, even over the bumpy gravely bits. However, when I tried to put him in it later in the day so I could garden, he informed me that he hated it, and wasn't going to just lie there and take it. So not much gardening that day. The next day I tried him in the sling to garden, and he liked it so much he fell asleep, but I had a hard time digging holes and planting my beans while trying to keep my balance.

Have I mentioned how much this little boy is growing? He's starting to get too heavy to hold with one arm while nursing. He hasn't been weighed since his first week, but I think he's gained tons since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment