Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Six weeks one day

Franklin just looks so cute in his big boy clothes!

We got his first smile last week, and he now sporadically smiles at us if we're lucky. I'm trying to get him in a routine of eat, change, play, nap, but he doesn't like the nap bit. Today he had about eight hours of non-napping, with about ten minutes of sleep at a time during it. He did have one morning nap of about an hour, starting at 10AM, and has gone to bed for about 7.30PM, but skipped his bath. I don't know if I should wake him up for it, or just let him sleep. He's not even in his jammies.

Playtime mostly consists of laying down and looking at stuff, like the ceiling for instance. Or the curtain, or a chair. He likes looking at stuff. I played "This little piggy" with him last night and he liked it. He also likes having his tummy blown after changing; even if he's crying, he'll stop for a moment. He doesn't like passing gas much, though. If it's bad it'll make him cry. It's the same for forceful poo. It can wake him up at night, though he doesn't usually cry at night--he just grunts and squirms. I've found that I can't really skip changing him at night because he won't sleep with a dirty bum. If he wakes up to eat, he needs to be changed. Thankfully he is doing 3 or 4 hours sleep at a time at night, so I'm functioning during the day.

I've been knitting him a wool cardigan for next winter. I have really enjoyed it, and am about halfway done; when I'm finished I'll take a picture of him in it. If I have enough yarn, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment