Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ten weeks one day

For a few days Franklin's been lifting his head while laying down; I surmise he wants to sit up a bit more. I like to prop him up with pillows on the bed while I get dressed or put away laundry, though he still gets a little anxious if I take too long.

Speaking of anxious, he and I went shopping, and then I brought him inside and set him down in his stroller while I brought in the groceries; the screaming was dreadful: he even cried tears. When I picked him up after hurtling the frozen things into the freezer, he snuggled into my shoulder and gave a few little shuddery sobs to let me know how much he missed me, but he felt better now.

In the bath, Franklin has learned to relax his arms so his hands trail in the water, warming them up. He also tries to taste the water by turning his head to the side and searching with his mouth. He loves to taste things; other items he has tasted: lemon, lime, gravy, baked potato, baked beans. I gave him half a segment of a tangerine to suck and he loved it; I had to hold it very firmly to prevent him swallowing it whole. He also had a good chew on an apple core last week.

Here's a proper smile! I nearly always get a smile or even a laugh when it's time to change Franklin. He just wiggles his legs and laughs at the ceiling. Then he spreads his arms and legs out, so I call him a little starfish and tickle his tummy. Then he laughs some more.

Franklin is now 23 inches long and weighs 11.1 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment