Monday, August 31, 2009

Eleven weeks five days

Our second scan was taken at nearly eleven weeks, and Partner even saw the baby moving (he was in a better position to see the screen) at one point. The doctor said it's looking very good, with all its development right on track, and she gave me the all clear to stop taking my medication.

Because it is still kind of early days, we haven't done much preparation, but we've been promised clothing and other newborn items from family members. There isn't much I want: just the essentials. We are probably going to go with cloth diapers/nappies, and I have been tending towards a sling for carrying it around while it's still little, rather than a stroller/pram. The only thing I'm really bothered about getting new is a car seat, as I don't want one that could be damaged or in any way unsafe.

All the marketing towards new parents and children makes me want to do this as simply as possible. As the eldest child in a big family, I know that newborns don't want much and don't care about toys or gadgets. And personally I haven't been into fashion since I was about fourteen years old, so I don't see the need to buy trendy new clothing for an infant who won't notice.

I'm feeling a bit less nauseous than last week, and have gone walking a few times: this tires me out a lot, but I can go on quite a bit longer than previously. I went book-shopping again today and was able to manage the indoor air a lot better than last time. I've asked my work to try me out on a couple short shifts this week so I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment